News Briefs

Rishita Vutukuri, Staff Writer

Missing teen found safe in Kingsport after search
A missing teen from Scott County, Virginia was found on Saturday, April 8th in Scott County. The 16 year-old student was reported missing on April 3rd. A massive search party was put together in order to find her. She was found in Kingsport, after missing since April 3rd.

New addition to Dobyns-Bennett High School coming
Dobyns-Bennett High School will get a new addition added to the school. The addition will include classes students can take that revolve around science and technology. This new part of the building will be opening sometime during 2018. In addition to building this new part of DB, Kingsport City Schools also plans to buySullivan North to make it a new middle school.

Dobyns-Bennett student accepted into United States military academies
According to the Kingsport City Schools website, Dobyns-Bennett senior and former Sevier Middle student Meaghan Allen has received appointment letters to the United State Air Force Academy, the United States Naval Academy, and the United States Military Academy at West Point. This is a rare honor for a high school senior.

Kingsport high school receives music merit award
Dobyns Bennett High School has been named a 2017 music merit award school. DB was one out of only 92 schools to receive this award. This award was given by the “National Association ofMusic Merchants Foundation”, who also named Kingsport City Schools as a winner of the 2016 award.