“Club Time” was helpful to students

Alyssa Colhoun, Staff Writer

Last year, every Friday students had the chance to participate in clubs during “Tribe Time”. “Tribe Time” was an activity that took place in the last 40 minutes of each Thursday and Friday. Sadly this year, the clubs that took place during this time have been cancelled.

There were many different clubs at Sevier. There were clubs where the students could learn new things or experiment, like the Cooking Club, the Book Club and a “Maker Space” Club. Some clubs were active clubs, where students could do physical activities, like yoga or walking.

The best club was the Homework Club. This was a good club because students could not only do their homework, but the kids could also use this as a chance to make up missing work or work on some bigger projects so they would not have to worry about them later.

Students had to change clubs every quarter, so they could have many new experiences.

All the clubs were good, and most students really enjoyed them. They probably wished the clubs had come back this year, so they could have new experiences, learn new things, and make new friends that they may not have made otherwise. Unfortunately, there is no more club time.

Sevier should never have cancelled these clubs. Students could make new friends, try new things, and have new experiences.

Club Time was also the only time during the school day when students could interact with students in different grades or spend time with friends with whom they did not share any classes.

Many kids get stressed during the day, so Club Time was also a great time to have fun and relax.

Students could learn many new things that they may never have experienced or learned otherwise. In some clubs the students could help other students, learn how to play a new card game, or learn how to do yoga.

The clubs, like the Walking Club or the Yoga club, gave students chances to be active or get out some extra energy. Not every student has a chance to take physical education classes every quarter; so these clubs were really helpful.

Homework club was a wonderful opportunity to stay caught up on homework, and if the students didn’t understand something, then they would have teachers nearby to help them.

Some students also liked clubs because they aren’t usually given a choice which classes they are in. At the beginning of the year, the students would pick a few clubs that interested them, so with clubs they had some control over their schedule.

All in all, Club Time was important to a lot of students. It will be missed.

Alyssa Colhoun, Staff Writer

Alyssa Colhoun is a seventh grader at John Sevier Middle School. Colhoun enjoys golf, reading, and writing. Colhoun plays the clarinet in the John Sevier...