Life under coronavirus is simply not the same

Asiah Bell, Staff

COVID-19 seemed to come out of nowhere. From one moment to the next, the world just shut down. Every single student, from Kindergarten through college, from New York to California, was affected.

Here are four ways the coronavirus has affected my everyday life.

First, school is out. That means I don’t get to be with my friends. I have lots of sisters, but we are together too much because we are stuck at home together. That means lots and lots of arguing.

I love to go out to eat. Now I can’t due to safety, and that means a lot of home cooked food. I’m just not a big fan of home cooked food. I enjoy being out and being more active and having a good time and seeing new, different faces every day.

It is also getting warmer outside. Spring has arrived and summer is just around the corner. That means I want to go outside, to visit parks, but I can’t do that. The state of Tennessee does not want lots of activity going on because it’s not very sanitary. Government officials are worried that kids will spread the coronavirus.

Lastly, I can’t do what I love the most because of the quarantine,  which is dance. I can’t go to dance class because of the coronavirus; that means I just have to dance at home. I can’t make too much noise on my floor, because I live in an apartment.  I don’t want to cause any problems with the people who live on the floor below me. They are stuck at home, too. That makes dancing very difficult.

Soon, hopefully, things will go back to normal.