PLAY THE GAME – Cup Head –

Carter Grim, Staff Writer

THE STORY

“Cuphead,” developed by Studio MDHR, is a somewhat great game. It focuses on Cuphead and his friend Mugman. Cuphead has a gambling problem and made a bet with the devil that he lost. To keep his own soul, Cuphead and Mugman have to run around collecting the souls of vegetables, a dragon, a ball, frogs, and other things whose contract with the devil is up.

THE GOOD

The story is pretty good. It has a good plot and makes you care about Cuphead and whether he will get to keep his soul. The game is a “run and gun” game, which is the Cuphead equivalent of an old “Mega Man” or “Contra” game. The controls are perfect for this kind of game. Cuphead jumps, shoots from his finger gun, and has special moves. “Cuphead” also has shops where the player can buy buffs with coins they gather from run and gun levels. The game can be played with two players, and it is probably much easier that way. The sense of humor of the game is great. There are many great puns. The music and sound effects are also fantastic.

THE BAD

The player has three hearts. Any monster that hits Cuphead takes one heart. This happens a
lot. The game is incredibly difficult. The game insults the player, or tries to, after every single time the player dies. The average player will most likely rage and break something because they die so often and the game is so difficult. The game looks great, but since it costs around 20 dollars, it’s not worth it.

THE BOTTOM LINE

This game is rated C-. Although it has a good story,fun graphics, and solid music, the game is simply too difficult to be enjoyable for the average gamer.

Carter Grim, Staff Writer

Carter Grim is a 8th grade student at John Sevier middle school. Grim also enjoys playing video games, reading, and playing the baritone in the john sevier...