Plants vs. Zombies Game Review

Carter Grim, Staff Writer

THE STORY
“Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare” is a third-person shooting game. In this game, undead zombies are invading a neighborhood, and only the plants, armed with different weapons, can stop the zombies and save the neighborhood.
THE GOOD
There are many game modes to play in “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, like Garden Ops, Welcome Mat, Team Vanquish, Gardens and Graveyards, Classic Team Vanquish, Classic Gardens and Graveyards, Mixed Mode, Gnome Bomb, Vanquish Confirmed, Suburbination and Taco Bandits. Each mode has its own unique rules and gameplay.
The player gets to choose from four plants, which include the Peashooter, the Sunflower, the Chomper and the Cactus. In multiplayer mode, the player can also play as a zombie. The zombies include the Soldier, the Engineer, the Scientist, and the All-Star, a football player.
Players can customize their plant or zombie in a lot of different ways. Radom gear is to customize plants is available for purchase. Players can also get a potted plant or a zombie that they can use during a match of Garden Ops or Gardens and Graveyards.
Players can also get a random character card, which allows the gamer to slowly unlock a new plant or zombie. It takes 5 parts of the character’s body before the full character is unlocked.
THE BAD
There are ten maps to choose from, which is not nearly enough to really enjoy the game. There should have been a lot more maps to choose from.
There is already a sequel to this game which has 6 new characters and a story mode, something this game could have used, too. Without a story mode, this game requires a “XBOX Live” or “Playstation Network” subscription to play.
“Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare” is a very violent game with guns used to kills zombies and plants, but does it in a kid-friendly way. There really aren’t any gory or bloody scenes in the game. The violence looks a lot like a cartoon.
THE BOTTOM LINE
“Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare” deserves a B+. This game would be good for a person who likes third-person shooter game and cartoon violence. It is rated “E10+” for Animated Blood, Crude Humor, and Fantasy Violence.